This is sort of what started me down the pattern design path. It was a nice way to start. I only had to design one block and the lay out. I loved the flowers and for my own block, well, a squirrel just called to me.
A huge lesson learned was to check the block size before designing. My first block was 12" finished and was great...except the blocks were supposed to be 10". There is a squirrel tote bag in my future with the bigger block.
Here is my quilt top hanging in the store and here's a picture of some of the many other gorgeous tops submitted!
Now to decide if I want to join in the next quilting bee. They are using a neutral batik line, Concerto.
This is definitely not my pallette but with the more colorful blenders it might be fun to put together.
What do you think? And who's kidding, of course I am going to join!
No comments:
Post a Comment