Monday, August 8, 2022

Enjoy the journey

I love sewing, and knitting, and crochet and teaching my girls all of the above. I am also super busy as most of us are with school aged children, jobs, ect. As 2022 started, I began a focus on doing more of what I enjoy. I chose the word "Journey" as my word of the year. Part of this is because I am a serial starter, but have only ever completed a few big projects. I wanted to focus on enjoying the whole process and see my projects through to the end.
My ambitions were huge in January. I wanted to make all the things and my lists of planned projects were totally unreasonable. As July has came to a close, I feel I have a better grasp of what was realistic, and it feels good to have a few projects I have actually finished. Now I still have way too many UFOs (unfinished objects) and an even longer "wishlist". But I am making time for myself and really enjoying the journey of each current project. I will post more of my UFOs in future posts. This time I started with my finished projects this far. 

My 4th of July Sampler, completed on...you guessed it July 4th, 2022.
A baby blanket for my daughter's teacher. The class tie dyed the blocks.
My cityscape table topper from a Peter Byrne class.
My wallet, a sewers club project.
Hot pads. That's my every day machine, a singer 401A from the 60s. 😍🥰
Gosh, listing them all here makes me feel a little more accomplished. Next time will be my WIPs (works in progress). 
What projects are you proud to have completed?

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, you are so accomplished! I love to see what you've created! My current projects are less fabric in nature, but I'm putting built in shelves in a library room.

    ReplyDelete

Quilting bee 2024 (finished in 2025)

One of my local quilt shops (yes I am blessed to have multiple in my area), puts on a 'free' block of the month program. And it was ...