Sunday, January 22, 2023

STRENGTHEN, my word for 2023

Is it too late for a new year post? January has already been busy and I feel I have been productive but am already trying to do too much. There are sew many fun projects and too little time, as always. 
Last year I my word was "journey" and it really helped me focus on the fun in creating rather than how far away the finish is. That change in mindset helped me complete 3 quilted projects, 7 quilt tops and lots of other projects. 
My completed "Summer Camp" top designed by Pat Sloan
part of "Boo Crew" by Fat Quarter Shop 
My "City Lights" mini quilt from a workshop I did with Peter Byrne

"Star Baby" from a class by Mountain Star Quilt Guild 

In December I did a lot of reflection and my word for 2023 is Strengthen. With more consistent sewing, I have seen my skills improve and my focus is to continue strengthening those skills. I especially want to learn free motion quilting (FMQ), so I can finish all those quilt tops. 
So far this year I have completed a quilt, soon to be shipped to a new baby, joined in on Project Quilting season 14, and have amazingly stayed on track with Sewcialites 2 from fat quarter shop. 
1st completed project this year, a baby quilt.
Sewcialites2 blocks 1-12 using Tula Pink's  Tiny Beasts

And I did start playing with FMQ, enough to realize it's going to take a lot of practice before I feel comfortable doing a quilt. I have decided to make placemats while I practice so now you know what everyone will get for Christmas this year. 
Do you chose a word for the year? I never used to but last year having a mindset that I kept referring to really helped me to stay on track with both creating and other personal endeavors. I am hoping the same for 2023, that I will come out at the end feeling a stronger sense of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quilting bee 2024 (finished in 2025)

One of my local quilt shops (yes I am blessed to have multiple in my area), puts on a 'free' block of the month program. And it was ...