Saturday, November 23, 2024

Thankful for time to be creative and a favorite recipe

 This fall has been busy and stressful. I am really looking forward to relaxing with some good food, family and friends for the holidays. Even my oldest daughter and husband who are usually "don't mention Christmas until after Thanksgiving" people are getting into the spirit earlier this year. We need something to celebrate.

My family has meandered between many friends home for the holidays over the years, and both my girls have expressed interest in creating our own traditions. Decorating during the week of Thanksgiving will likely be one of those. I spent yesterday making some Christmas pillow covers for our living room pillows with fabric the girls picked out. We have also decide to adopt the Norwegian tradition of Jolabokaflod, which translates to "Christmas Book Flood". We are going to buy each other books and chocolate to open and enjoy on Christmas eve.

I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes for the holidays. It is Double Corn Casserole from a 2010 edition of Woman's Day I could not find the recipe on their website so will share it with you.

You will need:

1 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese at room temperature

1/2 cup butter at room temperature

2 eggs

1 onion, chopped

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 can (15 oz.) creamed corn

1 can (15 oz.) corn kernals, drained

1 pkg. corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy)

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 Tbs. chopped parsley (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F. Use a 9 cup baking dish, greased.

Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; stir in eggs, onion, pepper and 2 cans of corn. Add muffin mix and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.

Pour into baking dish and bake for 45min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top and place bake in oven until cheese is melted, 3-4 minutes. Let sit for 10min before serving.

This recipe is a hit and definitely a once a year treat. Let me know if you try it out. 

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and make sure to save some time to reflect on the past year. Sty tuned for a free Creative Goal setting guide to be released before the new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quilting bee 2024 (finished in 2025)

One of my local quilt shops (yes I am blessed to have multiple in my area), puts on a 'free' block of the month program. And it was ...